Thursday 22 March 2012

Obsession

I love all things bunny. I think this has been the case since we had Beep, my first real pet rabbit when I was about 8 (I think, will have to check that with my parents). My favourite stuffed toy when I was little was Becky Bunny, a BIG pink rabbit with a purple dress on, and Velcro hands, in which she held her little pink baby bunny, Bobtail. She might still be my favourite if my mum hadn't "retired" her to the attic when I went to college, as apparently that's too old for stuffed animals ;-)

I did a short inventory of the bunny things in the house this week. Things have crept in, and particularly with the arrival of our son... Babies and bunny toys go hand in hand right?!? And this time of year is my favourite, the shops are full of Easter bunnies.

Here's just a selection of mine. What's your favourite bunny toy?

Chocolate bunny... Hooray for Easter
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Cookie cutter
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Welcome rabbit (also temp home to boiler control!)
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Herb planter
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Mug
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Attempts at origami
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Easter decorations
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Book ends
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This rabbit was bought for me by the husband when we were newly dating. It smells of vanilla!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Clock!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Lots and lots of baby stuff, particularly Peter Rabbit themed
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And not forgetting, my favourite bunny:
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

There's more, but that might send blogger into meltdown!

7 comments:

  1. *squee* Love that pic of Buttons! That'll keep me *squee*-ing all day long. :)

    My house is FILLED with bunny stuff--and there's even more stored away (that I should bring out again at some point). My mother said that you don't realize how many bunny things I have on display until you start counting them all...and then it gets scary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to be careful about buying too much bunny stuff but as my daughter pointed out, there are bunnies in just about every room of the house.

    I love all your Peter Rabbit things, especially the clock, but nothing compares to the real thing - Buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egads - I shudder to think of all the bunny things we have. Even when we exercise restraint, we still receive bunny gifts. Our favorite has to be the real thing, the bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have a lot of bunny things too! What a lovely photo of Buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get a bunny room for all that stuff! Or, like us, just give up and keep one room for humans! Buttons rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I could do an inventory of bunny things in this house - it would take at least a week. (My other half is starting to despair...!) LOVELY photo of dear Buttons :)

    ReplyDelete